WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Scarborough Little League is dedicated to creating the best possible experience for our young girls and boys. As a completely volunteer-run organization, we are always looking for ways to engage more parents and volunteering is a perfect way to get involved. As the expression goes, many hands make light work!
We would love your help! Below is a list of new committees. If you think there is a way you can assist that group in any way, please email us to get involved. Also, if you have a specific skill or trade and are willing to volunteer some time and expertise (landscaping, construction, plumbing, electric, culinary, mechanic, etc.) indicate that as well and we will be in touch
These are not board positions, so there is no commitment for board meetings.
1. Fields – Objective: To maintain the many fields we have all over town.
One of the biggest challenges is to maintain the many fields we have all over town. It is imperative to keep the fields up for safety reasons. Our coaches do a lot but cannot do it all. We are looking for people, of ANY experience level, who want to lend a hand in field maintenance.
This committee will also begin working on creating long-term plan for future construction and maintenance on the fields and facilities in our partnership with the town.
2. Sponsorship and Fundraising – Objective: To help the league raise money to help keep costs down.
A major area that can always use help to raise money to help keep registrations costs down, for the purchase of new equipment and field maintenance and construction projects. This group will work on lots of projects including; speaking with companies about sponsorship and donating items for our calendar raffle, helping organize the calendar raffle to maximize the program, and creating new events and programs for fundraising. You do not have to be a salesperson to be an effective volunteer for this committee, you just need to be willing to donate a little time and effort and we can use your help!
3. Opening Day/Tournaments – Objective: Help organize Opening Day and any tournaments.
One of the biggest endeavors and challenges of the league is set up and executing our Opening Day, which is the largest event of the whole season engaging all 500+ kids in Little League! Also, the league is often asked to host post-season tournament which can be a daunting task to set up and execute if you do not have help. Any volunteers who can donate some time on the setup and direction of these events would be welcome.
4. Concessions – Objective: Keeping the concession stands up a running efficiently. We are looking for members who can help figure out the best way to run this season.
We currently do not have a anyone to run the concession stand for this season. We have tried various methods and vendors in the past, and we are again looking for the best way to run for 2019.
5. Volunteer/Skill or Trade - Want to help but are not sure how? Or if you have a specific skill or trade and are willing to volunteer some time and expertise (landscaping, construction, plumbing, electric, culinary, mechanic, etc.) No worries, let us know and we can figure out where we need help or what you are best at. Just indicate you want to be involved and we will be in touch. If you have a specific skill, please indicate.
To sign up for a committee or if you have any questions, please email:
Dennis Meehan -email@example.com