T-ball is very flexible and can have a lot of kids sign up late. We also have to get clearance from the town of Scarborough before players can start using the fields. Because of these factors and others, T-ball is the last league to have a schedule created. The good news is the T-ball league ends their season later than the other teams. The season is typically mid April to mid June, with 1 or 2 practices a week (usually 1) and 1 game a week.
Where can I register my child? All registration is completed online. Please visit scarboroughll.com and click on the registration button.
How much does it cost to register and what do the fees include? The cost depends on time of registration. We offer early-bird discounts and sibling discounts. The registration fee includes a team jersey, hat (baseball), socks (softball). A late fee does apply if you register after registration is closed. Click here to see our current registration fees.
At what age can my child play LL? How does league age differ from actual age?
Baseball: Click here to learn about the Little League Baseball league age change and view current year league age chart.
Softball: Click here to see a league age chart.
For league age calculator Click here.
Please register your child for the appropriate program based on his/her league age. Please ask one of the league representatives if you are uncertain. SLL serves children league ages 4 - 12. There are options available for intermediate (league ages 13).
- Baseball: Portland Babe Ruth has opportunities for intermedate age boys who want to continue to play baseball Click here for link to their site.
- Softball: SLL will offer opportunities for intermedate age girls who want to continue to play softball, if interested register online. SLL will do what we can to provide support for a team.
What are Little League Divisions?
For Baseball For Softball
- Tee-Ball Division, ages 4-6: By local option, a player who is league-age 6 (by April 30) for the current season and has played a year in Tee Ball may be "moved up" to a coach-pitch division.
- Minor League Division, ages 7-10:
- (Coach Pitch Division) SLL Baseball: ages 6-7 (A), 8 (AA), Softball: ages 7-8 (Farm)
- The A Division will be for 5 and 6 yr olds that have played T ball previously & 7 yr old that have never played baseball.
- (Player Pitch Division) Baseball: ages 9-11: (AAA), Softball: ages 9-10 (Minors)
- Major League Division, ages 11-12:
- Note: Players will be evaluated by a non-bias third party and maybe asked to play up or down a division based upon their evaluations. Only players league age 9 and up will be evaluated.
Can I request that my child play in a certain division? We cannot guarantee that a child will move up or be placed in a specific division with his/her peers. However, a request may be made by a parent to hold back a child in a division. Please understand that all players are evaluated and many factors go into a draft. Your child will have a much more successful and satisfying season playing at the appropriate level.
Can I request to play on the same team with a friend? In T-ball, we will try to accommodate friend and carpool requests; however, because we try to keep the teams balanced and fair, we are unable to honor these requests in coach pitch through majors.
How do I make request? When registering your son/daughter you will come across a comment section this is where you can make request.
I have sibling playing in the same division. Can they be on the same team? All siblings in the same division are automatically placed on the same team unless requested otherwise.